Monday, May 5, 2008

Work in Progress: 3 Variations of Steak



This was crazy crazy good. But it needs work. Because I think I got steaked out by the end. So this is what it is:

Steak #1:
Rub: ancho,chipotle,chili negro,corriander,cumin,cloves,garlic powder,sugar,salt
Sauce: roasted orange bell pepper, brown mustard, balsamic vinegar, onion, cilantro, oil, salt
Base: Polenta with butter, and ancho chili powder

Steak #2:
Rub: brown sugar,ancho,chipotle,salt
Sauce: my basic corn sauce (corn, cream, thyme, garlic powder, butter, salt) and chives
Base: Mashed potatoes with butter and chives

Steak #3:
Rub: thyme,rosemary,ancho,corriander,garlic powder,salt
Sauce: surf and turf...lump crab, white wine, zest of one lemon, 1 tsp lemon juice, thyme, 1/2 cup cream, butter, parsley, salt
Base: Wild rice, parsely, butter, lemon juice, salt

What part two will be:
#1: That will be pork tenderloin
#2: That will be scallops, and then I will make some bacon and cut it up in really small pieces and add it on top of the corn sauce with chives. It will go on thr rice instead of the potatoes.
#3: instead of a crab sauce, I'll just use a blue cheese sauce, and it will go on the mashed potatoes

1 comment:

acl said...

Brett -
I think you should be on the next Hell's kitchen. I'm pretty sure you would kick butt. Your food looks amazing!